Your PPC campaign needs careful planning – don’t rush it! Great things take time.
Before you begin setting up your campaign, you need to be clear on what you want to achieve.
Understand why you’re using PPC
To understand what you want to achieve, you need to first determine why it is you’re using PPC as a marketing tool.
Ask yourself question’s such as the following:
- Are you looking to create leads/sales or build your brand?
- Are you looking to grow your business?
- Do you have a new site or poor SEO?
Identify your specific target market
Important because you are able to greatly customise your advertising. Thus – you have the ability to make your ads highly targeted towards very specific markets.
Examples of how you can do this include:
- Turning your campaign on/off as required
- Decide times of day ads appear
- Decide geographical location adds are shown
- Decide wording of ads
Consequently – it is key to ask yourself the following:
- Are you targeting B2C or B2B?
- Where is your target market located?
- When do you want your ads to appear?
Determine whether traffic & conversions would be profitable
What’s the point in setting up & investing in a campaign if it’s going to lose you money? There isn’t one.
So, consider this:
- What is your total budget for PPC?
- How much can you spend on each click?
- How much can you spend on each conversion e.g. lead/sale?
From this, you can determine whether your campaign has the potential to be profitable.
You are able to set a daily budget for each campaign to ensure you don’t go over your allocated budget.
Where to go from here…
Well – now you’ve considered the above factors, this enables you to understand the purpose & potential of your campaign.
Knowing what you want to achieve (& knowing whether it’s a feasible option) will allow you to set clear objectives considering:
- Who you’re looking to target
- What action you want them to take once they see your ad
- E.g. click through to your site & fill in their details, simply make them aware of your brand etc
- What the result of the campaign will be for your business
Lastly – Good luck!